Sunday 13 January 2013

Quote - Typographic - Design 2

Because my previous design involved imagery I had to to redesign a piece without any form of imagery whatsoever. I will say that typographic artwork is not my strongest of skills as I am not a huge fan of this type of art and don't really understand it.

First Design
Because John Locke was a highly influential philosopher who wrote about topics such as political philosophy, epistemology and education, which helped to found Western philosophy I made a typographic design resembling a philosophical equation. The font used is Chalkduster - Regular, giving the look of a professor/lecturer's chalk writing on a blackboard.



Second Design
My second design which I think looks more attractive is a piece which resembles an eye exam chart, involving all the characters of Locke's quote. The font used is Century Gothic - Bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment